5 months ago
DONEGAL SCHOOL DISTRICT
ON-LINE REGISTRATION GUIDELINES
Donegal School District on-line student registration is now available! Parents/Guardians of new students who will be entering grades K through 12 in the Donegal School District may register a student via any internet-connected device. Please only register if your child is not currently enrolled at Donegal School District.
REGISTERING A STUDENT
To be eligible for enrollment in Donegal schools, a student must reside within the boundaries of the Donegal School District and have attained the chronological age of five (5) years prior to September 1st. Donegal School District uses an online registration program which allows the parent or guardian to input student information from their home.
In order to complete the online registration process, you must have an email account. You will not be able to register your child without one. If you do not have an e-mail address, you can create one for free at www.gmail.com or www.yahoo.com.
1) Gather the following materials:
a. Addresses and phone numbers of legal parent(s) and guardian(s)
b. Names and phone numbers of emergency contacts
c. Names and phone numbers of doctor and dentist
d. Immunization records
e. List of current medications
2) Access the New Student Registration system by clicking here:
After completing the on-line registration, an in person appointment for reviewing/approving the student enrollment information packet and submitting required registration documents must be scheduled. You will be able to schedule a registration completion appointment online after submitting your online registration. If you are not available during the posted registration dates, please call 717-492-1304 to schedule a completion appointment. Kindergarten registration appointments are only available on select dates due to the student evaluation process.
Documents that must be presented at time of appointment:
1. Proof of age - (Original birth certificate OR Original passport)
2. Current immunization Record
3. Proof of Residency in the District
(Examples: current signed lease; utility bill (gas, electric, or land-line telephone) or real estate tax bill)
4. Student IEP (Individual Education Plan) – If applicable
5. Transferring High School Students – Copy of current transcripts/grades and Keystone Test Scores
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Do I have to answer all of the questions?
- Questions marked with a red asterisk (*) are required.
What if I have more than one student in the District? Do I need to follow the same process for each child?
Yes, because you’ll need to provide information that is specific to each child. We recommend that you complete and submit one form and then begin another – this will allow you to “snap” (or share) selected family information, which saves you time.
I’m not sure how to answer a question. I don’t understand what the question is asking.
- You may contact the Donegal School District Registrar at (717) 492-1338 to ask general questions about the form or the registration process.
Help! I’m having technical difficulties!
- For technical support, visit infosnap.zendesk.com or click “Contact Us” from any InfoSnap page.
Please contact the registrar via phone at 717-492-1338 or email at email@example.com with any questions or concerns regarding the enrollment process.
5 months ago
CHANGE OF ADDRESS
Parent(s)/guardian(s) of students who move within the Donegal School District must notify the District of the new address. This is necessary in order for the District Transportation Coordinator to change bus pick-up points. Change of address notices may be done up to 15 days prior to moving. You may do this by contacting the building where your student attends to complete a Change of Address form with the building secretary. In order for the student to register a change of address, the parent(s)/guardian(s) must provide an acceptable form of proof of residency. Examples of acceptable proof of residency are as follows:
- Lease or purchase agreement (must be signed/current year)
- Utility bill in the parent(s)/guardian(s) name and new address (must be current)
- Land-line phone (no cell phone)
- Real estate tax bill (must be current)
- Rent receipt (must be current)
Upon completion of the Change of Address form and an acceptable proof of residency has been received, the student’s information will be updated. Without proper proof of residency, the District will consider you a non-resident and could withdraw your child(ren) from the District.
If you have any questions please contact the Registrar at (717) 492-1338.
Parent(s)/guardian(s) of students moving outside of the Donegal School District should inform the building secretary (primary, intermediate and junior high school), or counseling office secretary (high school) where their student attends and complete a Student Withdrawal Form. The form must be signed by the parent(s)/guardian(s). Please complete one form for each student by contacting the appropriate building for an appointment to complete the form.
- Donegal Primary School – (717) 653-8812
- Donegal Intermediate School – (717) 426-1561
- Donegal Jr High School – (717) 928-2900
- Donegal High School – (717) 492-1209
STUDENT RECORD TRANSFER
Academic records for a student will be forwarded to the new school when a request for records is received from the new school where the student is being transferred. A request for records may be faxed to:
- Donegal Primary School (K-2) – (717) 492-1341
- Donegal Intermediate School (3-6) – (717) 426-3105
- Donegal Jr. High School (7-8) – (717) 928-2911
- Donegal High School (9-12) – (717) 492-1241
- District Registrar – (717) 492-1350